A new minifigure pack, first revealed by Brickset a few days ago, is now showing up on LEGO’s website. It is part of a series of minifigure packs LEGO started releasing last year, each containing four minifigures and a small build. It is great to see them extend this series with a Harry Potter themed one, and in particular that they have included a figure from each of the four Hogwarts houses. Here is what you get…
LEGO’s current series of minifigure packs contain four figures, each with an accessory, and a small build, and is packed in a clear minifigure shaped plastic container. Last year we got CITY and Spiderman – this year (so far) Harry Potter and Avengers.
This is great – as LEGO has included a student from each of the four houses at Hogwarts in the pack. Previously, the Hufflepuff uniform was only available from the rather expensive Hogwarts Great Hall set (with Susan Bones), while Ravenclaw was available from the the Cho Chang minifigure in the Harry Potter collectible minifigure (CMF) Series 1. The small build in the set is a book shelf and while looking reasonable, not particular interesting. The real stars are the four students – which looks to be from around the Order of the Phoenix.
- Harry Potter from Gryffindor – okay, we got a few Harry Potter figures already.
- Draco Malfoy from Slytherin – not particular rare, but a nice representation of him in the later years.
- Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff – first time we get to see her as minifigure!
- Cho Chang from Ravenclaw – only second time we get to see her as minifigure. This one has different hair style from the CMF version.
Here they are – click on the photos for a full sized version.
I always love when we get new minifigures, so I’m in particular pleased to see Hannah Abbott included in the pack. She was from Harry’s year at Hogwarts and became member of Dumbledore’s Army in the Order of the Phoenix. As such, all four figures would fit well with the coming Room of Requirement set, though Draco of course would be lurking outside the room, trying to find the entrance.
Another key attraction is the new 2×3 tile with the Marauders Map printing. It looks amazing and is the accessory given to Harry.
Here is how LEGO describes the pack:
Make any child’s Harry Potter™ role-play fun even more magical with the LEGO® Harry Potter Hogwarts™ Students Accessory Set (40419). From Gryffindor™, Harry Potter carries his wand and Marauder’s map. From Slytherin™, Draco Malfoy™ clutches a wand and an apple. From Hufflepuff™, Hannah Abbott holds her wand and a lantern. From Ravenclaw™, Cho Chang has a wand and a book – and there’s even a bookshelf for the book to sit on when she’s finished reading.
- Includes 4 Hogwarts™ student minifigures dressed in their House uniforms with accessories to enhance the play possibilities of any LEGO® Harry Potter™ playset.
- The Harry Potter™ minifigure has a wand and Marauder’s map; the Draco Malfoy™ minifigure has a wand and an apple; the Hannah Abbott minifigure has a wand and lantern; and the Cho Chang minifigure has a wand and a book.
- Also includes a buildable bookshelf.
- With 53 pieces, this versatile set is suitable for anyone aged 6 and up.
If you (as I am) are looking for students to fill up your Hogwarts castle, this will be a must buy item. It should be available from 1 June 2020 from LEGO’s online store as well as LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Certified Stores worldwide. I’m not sure if other retailers may get it too.
June is looking to be a great month. I can’t wait to get my hands on all the new sets.
Till then, Build the Magic!
One thought on “Hogwarts Students”