As the first LEGO Harry Potter sets hit the shelves in 2001, this year marks the 20th anniversary of the theme. Rumours suggest LEGO has something planned themselves, but here at Blockwarts, we’ll do our best to help mark the occasion. In fact, this is a perfect opportunity for another MOC (my own creation) competition. So join the fun and you might be the lucky winner of the excellent Hedwig set (75979). Here are the details…
To mark the 20th anniversary, we have planned a couple of posts about the early LEGO Harry Potter sets over the next couple of weeks.
But as noted, to add to the anniversary celebrations, we’ll also do a MOC competition. So grab some bricks and build some magic!
To be part of the competition, your MOC must:
- Build a scene, character or creature from the Harry Potter universe.
- Use original LEGO pieces (though builds made digitally using LEGO Digital Designer or Stud.io are perfectly fine).
- Be your own original work. Anyone submitting original work made by others will be disqualified.
You may submit more than one entry to the competition. See further down for how to submit.
For further terms and conditions, see the fine print.
The first (and only) prize for the best entry is Hedwig – set 75979 (see review here), kindly donated by LEGO’s AFOL Engagement Team.
The winning entry is selected by a judging panel of three:
- Myself, editor of Blockwarts.
- Cade Franklin, winner of LEGO Masters Australia – Season 1 (together with Henry Pinto).
- Richard Jones, editor of the Rambling Brick.
We will look at creativity (the idea), technique (how well executed) as well as any sneaky references to the 20th anniversary.
Submitting your entry
Please submit your entry no later than Sunday 11 April 2021 using the following form. This allows you to upload up to five photos of your MOC per entry.
Using the form does help me keeping everything organised. If the form does cause issues (it does require a Google account to upload your photo), use the “Contact” form to get in touch and we can arrange an alternative.
I’m very much looking forward to see the entries!
Go ahead – Build the Magic!