In a new video released by LEGO, Neville Longbottom actor Matthew Lewis recreates his top 20 scenes from the Harry Potter movies using LEGO sets. The resulting video is a nice trip down the memory lane, with fun anecdotes and facts from the making of the movies. Watch the video here…
With the mid 2021 wave of the LEGO Harry Potter sets, we saw LEGO celebrating the 20th anniversary of LEGO® Harry Potter™. Since they have been following up with additional anniversary themed content, including a 20 years of LEGO Harry Potter competition on LEGO Ideas.
And LEGO is not done yet. Today, it released a new video, where Neville Longbottom actor Matthew Lewis has come along share his favourite magical moments from the iconic Harry Potter movies.
The LEGO Group challenged Matthew Lewis to think back to his time on the films and recreate his 20 favorite scenes from the Harry Potter movies using different LEGO Harry Potter sets.
In the video, Lewis, who played Neville Longbottom in all the movies, takes us on a journey through scenes from all eight films. Reunited with his clumsy character Neville Longbottom, Lewis takes fans through his vivid memories from the making of the films, shares humorous anecdotes, and opens up about his favorite scenes.
He recalls a long wait on platform 9¾, a dementor infested trip on Hogwarts Express, the sorting ceremony in the Great Hall, and revisits the legendary Chamber of Secrets. You can watch the video here:
In its press release, LEGO also provided a list of LEGO Harry Potter fun facts:
- The first LEGO Harry Potter sets launched in 2001 to coincide with the release of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- The first-ever LEGO minifigure with a double-sided head was the Professor Quirrell minifigure from 2001 which has Voldemort’s face printed on the other side of his head.
- Over 80 different Harry Potter characters have been recreated as LEGO minifigures.
- The Harry Potter minifigure appears most frequently across the 20 years, with over 50 different LEGO minifigure versions of Harry Potter being designed in total.
- Neville Longbottom appeared as a minifigure for the first time in 2004 and has since been produced in several different versions.
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle is the LEGO Harry Potter set with the most elements at 6,020 pieces.
We have covered the 20th anniversary of LEGO Harry Potter extensively on Blockwarts, including two posts looking back on the early LEGO Harry Potter sets:
You can see the full list of our Anniversary related posts here, including our anniversary MOC competition and the exhibition we held.
I better get back to planning my next review. Stay tuned.
Till then, Build the Magic!