LEGO has updated its website with pictures and information about the new sets coming in the next few months. Four of the sets are from the Harry Potter theme and listed as available from 1 March 2022. Here I will discuss the Hogwarts Hospital Wing set…
Set 76398 – Hogwarts Hospital Wing
Price: US$49.99, £44.99, €49.99, CA$64.99, AU$79.99, NZ$89.99, DKK 449
Four new LEGO Harry Potter sets are due 1 March 2022. We have now got official photos and product information about them. The sets are covered in the following posts:
- Hogwarts Magical Trunk
- Hogwarts Hospital Wing (as discussed in this post)
- Hogwarts Moments – Defence class
- Hogwarts Moments – Divination Class
Hogwarts Hospital Wing
The hospital wing featured regularly in the books/movies (Hogwarts is a dangerous place) and it is therefore surprising that we didn’t see it represented in a Harry Potter set till the 2019 Hogwarts Clock Tower set, which was part of a modular series of Hogwarts sets that were released 2018-2020.
In 2021, with the release of the 20th anniversary of LEGO Harry Potter sets, a new series of Hogwarts sets was started. You can connect them to the old series, but the style (sometimes referred to as doll-house style) is somewhat different.
With two levels and 510 pieces, I would characterise it as a medium sized set – though a smaller one in that range.
The sets released in 2021 focused on the first couple of movies, but this 2022 set takes us to the third movie – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – and more specifically represents the scenes towards the end, centred on the hospital wing, the clock tower and Hermione’s time turner.
As the minifigures in the 2019 Clocktower set focused on the Yule ball, there was no Madam Pomfrey, and it is therefore the first time ever she is represented as a minifigure in this set, which is really awesome. The three other figures included are – not surprisingly, Harry, Ron and Hermione.
Ron comes with a white leg representing a plaster cast. You can swap the leg pieces around, if you want another to undergo treatment instead of Ron. A cast for an arm is also included. This is attached to the hand as shown below.
Returning to the building itself, you can see it has hinges. It may help displaying a larger collection of the new Hogwarts sets, allowing you to make a corner.
Another feature is twisting the top of the tower, which will make the clock turn around.
Focusing on the details, we have a nice blue partition to place between the hospital beds, a bottle of Skele-Gro, a box of Bertie Botts every flavour beans (hopefully printed, but could be a sticker) and a 1×1 round tile with a print of Hermione’s time turner.
Here are a couple of photos from the actual movie props.
Lastly, as seen on the back of the box, we will continue with collectable wizard tiles this year. The product description below explains that there are 16 to collect, so I assume we continue with the current 16 and that any sets we might get mid-year could include some as well (part of me was hoping for a new series of collectable tiles, but I really don’t need anything new to collect).
LEGO’s product description
This is what LEGO is listing on the product page.
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Hospital Wing (76398) is bursting with magical play possibilities for kids aged 8+, from caring role play in the infirmary to time-travel adventures in the clock tower.
Perfect for Harry Potter fans
Young witches and wizards join Harry Potter, Ron Weasley™ and Hermione Granger™ in a versatile playset based on a memorable scene from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban™. Inside the Hogwarts Hospital Wing are 3 beds, a screen and Madam Poppy Pomfrey pushing her cart filled with potions and candy. Ron’s in bed with a bandaged leg, and there’s a bottle of the revolting Skele-gro to hand. Meanwhile, up in the clock tower, Harry and Hermione are using the Time-Turner™. Kids twist the tower’s turret to make the clock’s hands spin and travel back in time for another magical adventure. The top and bottom halves of the set detach so other modules can be stacked in between, and the set connects with others in the series to create an entire Hogwarts Castle.
- Perfect for Harry Potter™ fans – LEGO® Harry Potter Hogwarts™ Hospital Wing (76398) is packed with role-play fun, from treating injuries in the infirmary to time-travel adventures in the clock tower
- Popular characters – Includes Harry Potter™, Hermione Granger™, Ron Weasley™ and Madam Pomfrey minifigures, plus a buildable Hospital Wing and clock tower with authentic accessories
- Many ways to play – Kids can recreate the iconic hospital-wing time-travelling scene from Harry Potter™ and the Prisoner of Azkaban™ and conjure up endless enchanting stories of their own
- Great gift for kids aged 8 and up – This detailed Hogwarts™ recreation will delight fans of the Harry Potter™ movies and inspire any child to enter an amazing world of imaginative play
- Ideal for play and display – This versatile, reconfigurable set measures over 10 in. (26 cm) high, 7.5 in. (20 cm) wide and 4 in. (10 cm) deep
- Magically modular – This toy is one of a series of modular sets that combine to create a complete Hogwarts™ Castle. 2 random wizard card tiles are also included for kids to collect (16 in total)
- Many ways to play – The extensive range of LEGO® Harry Potter™ playsets puts favorite characters, familiar locations and magical adventures into the hands of all young wizards, witches and muggles
Overall, this looks to be a great set, covering a nice selection of rooms, and adding (finally) Madam Pomprey. Hopefully, we’ll get more sets mid-year to continue telling the story of the third movie (and maybe fourth as well). Otherwise, you might try to source the 2019 Hagrid’s Hut set, which complements this set nicely.
Time will tell if more sets are coming.
Till then, Build the Magic!